Third Annual Short Film Fest Announced
03/21/2011 – Third Annual Short Film Fest Announced
Elgin IL Applications are now available for filmmakers to enter into the Third Annual Elgin Short Film Festival. This unique event is taking place on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at The Hemmens Cultural Center in downtown Elgin, Illinois. Filmmakers are invited to submit their short films (20 minutes or less in length) for competition in the festival.
The Elgin Short Film Festival (ESFF) is the only short film festival in the area. Entries in the festival can only be up to 20 minutes long including credits. This competition will allow any filmmaker to submit work, even if it has been entered into other festival competitions! Films in every genre and subject matter are encouraged, as long as they are within the scope of the official rules.
Sponsored by the Hemmens Cultural Center Advisory Board, the ESFF planning committee is co-chaired this year by advisory members Rich Jacobs and Joe Vassallo. The committee is adding new elements to this years event that offer better benefits for participating filmmakers.
New and Exciting components to this years festival:
· NEW! All eligible films will be shown at Elgins The Next Wave Art Salon on September 9th and 10th. The Next Wave Art Salon is a radically inclusive, 2-day event that brings together artists of all different backgrounds and mediums in a found space in downtown Elgin that attracted over 2000 people in 2010.
· NEW! The committee has added a Peoples Choice award that is based solely on audience voting taking place at The Next Wave.
· The Top Finalists selected by a preliminary panel of judges will be treated to a red carpet arrival on the night of the festival.
· FILM FEST JUDGES INCLUDE: Dan Gire, Daily Herald Film Critic and Frank Maugeri- Artistic Director of Redmoon Theater, among others.
· The Top Finalists will be shown in the 1,200 seat theater of the Hemmens Cultural Center on Saturday evening.
· 1st Prize: $1,000 plus trophy.
· 2nd Prize: $500 plus trophy.
· 3rd Prize: $300 plus trophy.
· The trophies awarded are made by R.S. Owens, the same company that makes the Oscars for the Academy Awards.
Building upon the excitement and success of previous years, this years festival changes are intended to add more opportunities for filmmakers work to be seen, and for participants to network with one another. The deadline to submit films is August 17th, 2011. For a complete list of rules and regulations, and to download an application, go to: www.hemmens.org/annualfilmfestival and follow regular updates on Facebook. For any further information or questions, please call The Hemmens at 847-931-5900.
Elgin Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
77 Riverside Drive
Elgin, IL 60120
(800) 217-5362 or (847) 695-7540
< Back to Previous Page