Bingo a drag? Not with The Queen of Bingo
02/21/2011 – Bingo a drag? Not with The Queen of Bingo at The Hemmens Cultural Center in Elgin
(Elgin, IL) Bingo is never a drag for Sis and Babe two fifty-something sisters (played by two male actors) looking to add a little fun and excitement to their lives at the bingo hall. Join the gals of The Queen of Bingo at the Hemmens Cultural Center, 45 Symphony Way, in downtown Elgin on Friday, March 18 at 3:00 and 7:30pm for an evening of silliness.
Youll laugh along with these crazy ladies as they explore the worlds of Bingo, diet-crazes, hot flashes and winning. The audience even joins in the fun during a real Bingo game where one lucky audience member could win a 10 lb. frozen turkey! In the tradition of the Harvey Korman and Tim Conway sketches from the old Carol Burnett Show, Jeanne Michels and Phyllis Murphys The Queen of Bingo guarantees laughs for the entire family.
Tickets are $30 for Golden Circle; $20 for Main Floor; $15 for Balcony. Tickets may be purchased at The Hemmens Box Office, on-line at www.hemmens.org, or charge by phone at (847) 931-5900.
The Hemmens Cultural Center, located at the corner of Symphony Way and North Grove Avenue in Elgin, IL, is easily accessible from I-90. Driving directions are available at www.hemmens.org. Parking is free.
Hi-res jpg images available upon request. Interviews with group members available by appointment. Please contact Jenny Sherman at 847-697-3616.
The Hemmens Cultural Center is owned and operated by the City of Elgin.
Top 10 Reasons to See The Queen of Bingo at The Hemmens this March
10. It wont be a drag even though sisters, Sis and Babe, are played by two male actors.
9. Youve always wanted to explore the worlds of Bingo, diet-crazes and hot flashes but your wife wouldnt let you.
8. Its in the tradition of the Harvey Korman and Tim Conway sketches from the old Carol Burnett show so you know thats going to be funny.
7. You get to play a live bingo game and tell everyone you dont always gamble, sometimes you go to the theater.
6. Theres a group discount and, if you talk enough people into it, you get a free ticket.
5. If you get tired of bingo, the Grand Victoria Casino is only a few blocks away.
4. There are plenty of restaurants in downtown Elgin so youll probably get a decent meal.
3. Parking is free.
2. Hey, if you dont drink, what else is there to do in March?
1. You could win a 10-pound frozen turkey!
Elgin Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
77 Riverside Drive
Elgin, IL 60120
(800) 217-5362 or (847) 695-7540
< Back to Previous Page